Banbridge Cycling Club will begin our defence as 2018 Champions in the Banbridge Inter Club Race League, on Wed 8th May. Ten events will test competitors with the first a “man o man” feisty Individual Time Trial dropping down from a start in Rathfriland and heading to Banbridge.. Let’s hope those legs are ready for a great season ahead.
All competitors please note the following to assist organisers;
1. Sign on will commence at approx. 6.15pm and will be easily recognised as a gazebo will be in use. Positioned adjacent to Dromore Rd / Castle St Jct.
2. Competitors must sign on respective club sign on sheets and then ensure they are listed and informed of their start order.
3. First rider off at 7.pm. Riders are reminded to call out their start order number when crossing the finish line.
4. This is a non handicap event, run as 2 separate events, Aero and non Aero. TT Bikes are classed as Aero, Road bikes non Aero, however ANY ROAD BIKE FITTED WITH CLIP ON BARS OR WITH DISC WHEELS WILL BE TREATED AS AERO MODIFIED. Skin suits and Aero helmets can be worn by all riders.
5. Riders not in club colours will not count towards the team event. Please note all riders should have club numbers fitted to bikes to assist recognition.
6. 20m Rule applies. Any riders reported for drafting or working together will be disqualified.
7. Riders are reminded that this event starts with an extremely fast decent. Please acknowledge strength of wind, its direction and its potential effect on deep section and disc wheels. Please control your effort in line with your confidence and avoid the loss of front wheel control.
8. All are reminded to obey the rules of the road and bare in mind marshals are there only to assist and have no authority over other road users.
9. Finally, in good spirited competition, enjoy folks. Lets get it on !